Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Going Green


So, another snaffoo added to the list. After two weeks of slowly trying to piece the kitchen together, we found that the handles on the stove do not allow us to open the drawer or door that it is adjacent to. My best friend (the tape measure) informed me that we had an extra 9 inches that had not been accounted for before walls were removed and rebuilt. I called Lowes, where everyone now knows me on a first name basis, and ordered an extra base and upper cabinet.. being expressed shipped.... in two weeks. Since the counter guys were coming in a few short days to template, two weeks didn't seem very express. Nontheless, a call to the countertop guys with lots of sweet talking and pleading home-makeover ignorance, they rescheduled the template for two weeks out, but held our same spot in the manufacture schedule... so (to make a long story short) we will have the countertop installed the same time that we would have even before the cabinet hickup. Whew
We are now on week 4 of wood floor installation. A few hours here and there equals a few rows here and there. We have the main room 75% complete with the pantry and a bedroom waiting in the wings. Cracks, chips, and humps in the floor all add character, right?

And yes, a woman can change her mind. A late night call (before next day siding installation) sounded something like this- Hi! Yes, this is Marie again. I think I am having second thoughts on the white siding under the porch. It will blend in too much with the window trim and door surround and I don't want to paint those things...just wanted to let you know before the morning. Thanks!

My ever-so-patient contractor called in the early a.m. and had me meet him at the house because he had went and picked up about 50 color samples for me to look at. I went with his green suggestion because I really had nothing jump out at me. It hasn't grown on me yet, but I am sure it will.

We just have decking to lay for the front porch and down-the-road we will add some nice white decorative railings. The electric wire to the front lamp post also got annihilated in the process, so we have to decide how badly we want to keep it...

Perhaps spring break next week will bring about some interior progress. Have a Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment