Monday, June 21, 2010

The insurance company wanted the outside shed painted and the doors retrimmed... so we had several soccer boys volunteer a day. Chad power washed the outside of it and got the new trim on with Ted's help. The helpers took care of the rest. Woo hooo!

Our tiling has begun. The day I picked up the tile, I changed my mind against the fun, trendy tile and decided to go with something a little more neutral... was afraid I would hate the fun stuff in 8 years or so... and tile is something I don't want to redo. We tore up all the original living room tile in this house... and I don't want to have to remove tile again!
Mr. Harvey came and helped us get more of the light fixtures up. We also got the front entry lights, door bell, and outlet working.
Ralph, a neighbor, is helping build my "command center" that I drew up on paper. Probably too much HGTV again on my part. I am excited to say that each of us will have our own "locker" space. I hope this helps with the chaos of shoes, coats and such.
Chad and Dad got the barnwood entry way wall done. The wood is from a great grandfather's barn. We had it kiln dried to kill the creepy crawlies. It was another way to add a unique element and also tie is some family history.

We are still far from painting. Walls still need to be prepped, but the house is coming together. Chad had a chainsaw accident yesterday and ended up with a sewn together foot. Luckily everything is still attached, but he will be sore for a while. Another small "stumbling" block, but we are pressing on.

No comments:

Post a Comment